It looks like Corey Taylor of Slipknot has a problem with fans using their phones while the band performs. In a recent interview with Blabbermouth, Taylor tells the story of how he dumped water on a fans head to get her stop using her phone during Slipknot’s performance. “It had to have broken her phone. And then she was just bummed for the rest of the night, and I just kept shrugging at her, going, “Hey, it’s a live show. Pay attention, or don’t be here.””
Stephen Christian of Anberlin recently made similar comments over of the use of phones during a live show in an interview with Real Feels. Making five really good points he says,
1. “You’re never gonna watch this.”
2. “You’re never gonna watch that, man.”
3. “You’re missing out on the actual moment of it all.”
4. “Maybe tape half a song, and then don’t tape anymore?”
5. “Do what you want—you paid to get in here. But you paid to get in here. Enjoy it!”
What do you think about people using their phones during live shows? Do you think it takes away from fully enjoying the concert? Tell us in the comments!